Goodpasture's syndrome can develop quickly, or so I have been told by my friends who are studying medicine. But please tell me if there is any chance that people with Goodpasture's syndrome can just miraculously recover? Please share your experiences of this if possible. I hope you don't mind me asking.

First of all, if you have had any of the symptoms related to Goodpasture's syndrome, such as coughing up blood, you must see a doctor. I don't think that Goodpasture's syndrome just passes on its own, but I am not sure. My medical encyclopaedia does not specifically say that this is not possible, but I does mention different treatments, all of which are very serious.

I was diagnosed with Goodpastures really late. Its taken me almost 18 months to get off the medication i was recieving such as chemotherapy, steroids and several others. After being in hospital for 6 weeks i havent been sick since though have been on the medication getting rid of the illness. I have put on nearly 40 kg since i was sick, but the weight has started to slowly drop off.

I was also diagnosed with Goodpastures (what a horrible name for such a horrible disease) almost too late.  After massive doses of steroids and other drugs, I recovered.  My lungs were attacked first, then my kidneys, and while my lungs cleared almost entirely, my kidneys are only about 40 to 45 percent of normal, but they may improve a bit more.  I spent 38 days in the hospital where I had plasma apheresies (sp?) and dialysis on alternate days.  I had dialysis for 3 months after I got out of the hospital, and I only recently was weaned off one of my meds, and I hope to start working on the last soon.  I do not believe that anyone can miraculously recover from gp--it is too damaging to essential organs.  You get it, and if it isn't diagnosed in time, you die.

My kidneys are back to 100% now almost 3 years to the day when i went to hospital was put in an induced coma. I'm still on Avapro and Lipitor for blood pressure and cholesterol.

Hi Steve-
Are you still following this thread?