I am 16 and I have been masterbating a lot lately. I had noticed this bump about an inch up the shaft on my penis. I am thinking its an ingrown hair. But I am kinda worried because I have had it for about two days and it hurts to touch it and to masterbate. It is hard and I have squeezed it a couple times. When it is squeezed it gets a little white dot that wipes off. Its small, I would say about half pea sized. Its red on and a bit around the bump. I have never had sex. Can someone please help me on this?

Hi Acdc,

It is probably a sebaceous cyst.  Basically a big pimple.

Leave it alone and it should go away by itself soon.  You can also try putting some moist heat on it, soak a wash cloth in warm water and keep it warm.

They are very common and more pronounced than in other parts of the body because the skin is so thin.

Hope it helps.

Thank you soo much. I was like freaking oput about this and forgot to mention ............... this may be the cause ............. kind of emmbarassing though.................. Like i said I have been masterbating a lot lately. The past four nights I have had phone sex with my girlfriend about 2 to 3 time a nigh and my being stupid never washed up after. Could this be the cause. I didnèt even have a shower. I had one this morning and washed my penis very well though

Also I tried applying toothpaste yesterday and then wiped that off and applied rubbing alcohol

Not washing can contribute to them, yes. That's really the best way to prevent/treat a zit. Alcohol can dry the skin.

soo just wash and apply rubbing alcohol????

No, just wash. Don't use alcohol.

Soap and warm water.

Alright!!!! Thank you soo much. Can't wait till its gone!!!! How long do you suppose it will be there for and how long it may hurt for

It could be a few days to a week. Warm compresses are the best way to help reduce it.

ooohhhh and is there anything else that this may be, cause its skin coloured but red

Sebaceous cysts are very common acdc. Very common. Of course it could be something else but you'll have to have your doctor examine you.

If it isn't getting better in a few days you should see your doctor.

that honestly worries me.................

What worries you? Seeing a doctor?

that it may be something I need to see a doctor about. Although I just talked to my girlfriend about and she said that it would be an ingrown hiar that got an infection that hasn't reached the top of the sking yet

I don't think it's an ingrown hair. Sebaceous cysts are much more likely.

Keep an eye on it.