Hello. I'm a 17 year old guy. I've never had sex nor have I ever shaved.

What appears to be the problem is this reddish bump in my pubic area, between my penis and my stomach about middle-left. There is no "head." I have been able to extract pus twice from it, but it does not go away. It is very painful when I go stand up or sit down as it applies pressure on this bump.

After searching on Google, I've seen that it could be an ingrown hair follicle. I've never had one before, so I wouldn't know. I know that you can get ingrown hairs from shaving certain ways, but like I said I have never shaved. Nor have I ever had sex.

I'm hoping that it is just an ingrown hair follicle. Something to note is that a hair was growing out of the middle. I pulled the hair out and there was a p***y substance near the root. Could there be something like two hairs trying to grow there? Or something worse?

It's fairly common to have these in the pubic area. Yes, it is more common if you shave but it can happen nonetheless.

How big is this "bump?" How long have you had this?

It is probably a sebaceous gland (oil) so kind of like a zit. They are located with the hair follicles, but it could still be an ingrown hair.

I'd keep an eye on it for a few days and it should go away on its own.

Hope that helps

Its gone down from when it was yesterday. Like you said, I think it's going away... It doesn't hurt nearly as bad as it did and its basically just a minor annoyance now.

Should I do anything like dab hydrogen peroxide or something to speed up the process?

I'm glad it's going away.

I'd probably just use soap and water to clean it. Hydrogen peroxide might hurt a bit.

Good luck, Dan

In the future, if you are looking to avoid something like this, it does help to apply lotion after you trim or shave your pubic area. I'm not sure if that's what you did in this case but it helps a lot. Does that help?

I didn't see your post until this morning, Dan, so I may have messed up.

I'm not sure because I have terrible memory, but I think I tried to sqeeze more pus out of it Friday night. However, nothing came out, and it just started to hurt again. Last night I applied a bit of hydrogen peroxide (again, didn't see your post) and it stung a bit and now it just feels like it did when I posted.

I'm hoping that it's just something I've done and it will go away. I have school tomorrow, and I really don't want to go to school like this.

So any help?

Oh, I also should also say that there is no swelling. It looks normal except for the scab, it's very sore. Not as sore as earlier.. I'm hoping it's slowly healing.

Sorry to tripple post, but this doesn't really fit into any others.

As the pain became worse and worse, I've decided to try simple things. I washed the area with soap and water like you said, then applied some Neosporin to the area, took two Ibuprofen, and now I'm wearing loose fitting shorts (avoiding tight clothing such as briefs).

Within maybe 30 minutes to an hour, the pain has significantly reduced. I'm hoping that if I just keep doing this it'll heal up fine. I won't be messing with it in any other way besides the above procedures.

And hey, I've been wanting to switch to boxers.. Now here's a chance.