I believe I discovered a cyst on my penis; it erupted a bit of puss when i squeezed it but previously it was painless (now it hurts a bit). It is obviously in an embarassing place and disfigures me a bit, so i would like it removed. is there a cream for this or another way to do so?

Don't squeeze it, because you can make a damage. Especially if this hurts, it doesn't matter how much -  a lot or less. You see, cysts like this one are usually not a cause for concern, but sometimes they may need immediate treatment in order to prevent some possible complications. In that case, don't get surprised if your doctor recommends a sebaceous cyst removal, because he will do this for sure if he notices that this cyst is a reason to be concerned about.

If you think that you have an STD, you can easily check it - cysts are larger and appear alone.

Good luck. 

I have had two sebaceous cysts that have grown to be relatively large (the last one was the size of a pea). Reading forum threads that told me there was nothing to do but get it surgically removed, I was annoyed since the ones I got were not immaterial in size but I didn't want to have to go to the trouble of going to the doctor, get a referral, etc. So, I decided to take action. "Popping" the cyst did nothing in the long-run as dead skin cells could be squeezed out, but more would take their place over another couple of weeks. Also, when you start squeezing and "popping" the cysts, they tend to get infected (turn purple and are sore to the touch).

Instead, I came home drunk one night this week, took a pair of well-cleaned nail scissors, and cut the cyst off myself. Then, I searched for the root of the hair that was causing the problem and attempted to destroy the follicle with a pair of scissors. I wasn't being aggressive, in fact, I was being extremely careful not to cut too deep and still get at the follicle that had caused the problem. I was also concious of potential scarring which made me try and be really precise.

It's been 45 hours and the cut has almost completely healed. It will probably take a while to see whether the cyst will reform. I'm hoping the solution is permanent for this cyst, but if it isn't, I can always see my doctor and have it done the right way. And yes, the risk of infection was high, so I made sure to disinfect the scissors before using them and the cut after the bleeding had stopped.

This is one of the crazier things I've done to my penis, but hey, it might have worked. I'll repost here when I have an idea of the result.

I had that same thing happen to me a while back. I had a damn cyst grow on the size of my penis. I didn't know what it was at the time, but I knew that it didn't belong there. A bit haphazardly I might admit, I decided to deal with it myself. I took a syringe that I happened to have, which was brand new and therefore sterile, and proceeded to dig out the b****r, gingerly of course. I basically popped and squeezed, and then poured some isopropyl alcohol on it just to be safe(r). It didn't bleed much at all, and never reappeared, and now I'm thinking of switching from chemistry to premed.

I had the same thing

Guys i think i have the same thing but in my case there was nothing inside the crater like pore to squeeze out. It was just hollow in the centre and if i stretch my penis skin i can see that it looks like a hole has been punctured through the skin by a needle. Its so irritating how the hell can i get rid of it and what could be causing this.

I was googling this topic and ended up here..

So this is not STD?? I never had sex or oral

but i get that little red bump and get puss and eventually pop. So i took lots of vitamin C...also took amoxicillin to help prevent infections.

this is second time that it happen, I also have lot of face acne so is that like acne.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebaceous_cyst

iv had a few white bumps like this come up on my penis and iv popped them all and iv got 2 say they all fade after a couple of weeks and flattne, but waiting 4 it 2 heal is the horrible part.

I have some sort of cyst on my penis shaft, under the skin not too big but im worried. I duno if it will go away or not? I am wondering if i should try to pop it?Will it come back if i do?

I have the same thing, a Sebaceous cyst on the underside of my penis although it was on a small scale like a small wart. i tried the same method as one of the other posts and used steriled 'nail' scissors and lots of antiseptic solution and just snipped it off.

After a couple days it was healed and smooth skin again, but slowly it re-emerged and so i went to the doctor and he says that these are ABSOLUTELY not sexually transmitted or any type of STD, that they are normal and healthy if not un-attractive. He prescribed me a med called 'Salactol' which i have been using now for bout 2 weeks and the results are amazing.

It slowly disolved the skin area and allows the new healing skin from below to surface, like a slow version of liquid nitrogen healing.

If you have any worries about your area or if you think they are infected i suggest you visit your doctor, or find a local anonymous Genitourinary Practitioner if you are too embarrassed.

I was nervous as hell to visit the doctor and have him looking in such detail at my bits but he made me relaxed and re-assured. They are doctors and have seen hundreds of bits and bobs, it's just like an arm and a leg to them..... i promise.

;-)

please help me!
i have what i believe to be a sebaceous cyst on the shaft of my penis, facing up, and i do not know how it got there, or how to remove it without going to the doctor. It has been on there for about 5 months (give or take). I have tried to remove it myself but it only seems to be making it worse. To add to the problems, when i now masturbate, it feels like i am about to ejaculate, but nothing happens. Afterwards, i have what feels like "blue balls".. with severe stomach aches..
Whoever knows what is going on here, PLEASE help me!. I am very worried about this.
Thank you so much

id say not to try popping it.. i have had 2 so far, and popping the first one just made it come back. so i had it removed by a doctor, now i have another one in a different location.

from what ive been told, these can be hereditary and passed down from a parent or relative, and cannot be COMPLETELY removed by popping them and draining the insides, this just prones you to infection and a more serious problem.

my advice: Dont self-medicate.. you will most likely regret it.

(ive also heard of using a heat pad for 10 mins [directly on the SEBACEOUS cist] 2 times a day for as long as it takes until the insides can drain back into the body and be removed naturally)

I currently have a cyst on the shaft of my penis too, approx 8mm in diameter, isn't sore but I do get annoyed with it being there and sometimes puts me off sex cause it's not exactly what somebody wants to see.

I visited my doctor, but he just said it's normal and poses no danger at all and hence no point in it having removed, I disagreed but he didn't seem bothered so I'm considering getting a sterile needle/syringe popping the cyst myself and draining the fluid from it, just not totally sure if it's a safe procedure in doing this and didn't want to risk infection in a sensitive area! Even though i do want to get rid of it.

i found one of the so called sebaceous cysts on my penis and i actually did a research on them on internet to really get to know what it is and the cures. I saw this article in Wiki explaining how keeping hot water swabs on the cyst liquifies the solid sebum inside the cyst and then the body absorbs it .I followed it word by word-Stopped Masturbation ,Isolated the cyst by dressing it with cotton and pressed hot watered cottons everyday ..Thank god, it disappeared in about a month .

well u guys are luck i had two bumps same time ...when i discovered them i popped the grose looking one (shot blood and shet) and it heal but the other one ....i couldnt pop so today i took a needle bit my lip and ripped a little bit of skin and messed with it a bit and they thing was slightly white...im not sure if i should continue ripping at my skin to make enough space to cut it out or if i should let it heal and see if i might have to start the painfull process again its starting to freak me out plz respond to this thread btw im 15 if that helps nething...