I am 42 years old, male. I had infection called prostatitis last year, which I treated with antibiotics. Anyway, I go married six months ago and we’ve been trying to make a baby since. I recently went to fertility clinic where they told me that my sperm count is low. The doctor said that probably due to prostatitis and he asked me if I had ever used drugs, like marijuana or cocaine. Well, I did, but I can’t say this now. I can’t see the point of that question. It was almost 20 years ago. How that can affect my current sperm count?

But it can! Didn’t you know that your fertility is based upon your general health? Nicotine, alcohol and drugs like cocaine are on the top of the list threats that may affect male fertility, although an infection of the reproductive system such as prostatitis, even when it has been treated with antibiotics. Everything is important.
I broke up with one of my boyfriends when I found out that he smoked marijuana for almost 10 years. There was no question that we could have healthy kids.

Ratliff, that is a little crazy isn't it considering alcohol has much worse effects and long term effects on the body as marijuana, did you dump all your boyfriends that drank?

ehem i just have to say if your ONLY requirement in a man is that he can inseminate you, your shallow as hell and don't deserve a man ,barely a pump n dump. do your research marijuana ACTUALLY increases the male sperm count if you look at REAL SCIENCE and not fox.

That's a pretty terrible reason to break up with ur boyfriend good thing he dodged that bullet seems like crazy and ignorant go hand in hand