I'm a male of 24 and I have been smoking for 10 years. I was also a recreational drug user and I used many drugs including e and cocaine up untill a few months back.
The last time I used cocaine my heart was beating at a very fast rate and it completely scared the life out of me. I have since stopped using drugs (except cigarettes) but I've got myself into a state of shock from that last experience and I'm now a nervous wreck! I really regret how I was and since I've stopped, every little thing that I feel in my body is making me panic and think I'm going to die. I'm also very depressed, stressed and anxious. At the time where I was most stressed I started to get heart palpitations which lasted a little over a week occuring about once a day (if that).
Bearing that in mind I was exercising today, once I finished and relaxed I got a feeling of a twich in my chest (left side and above & to the left of my nipple), I can't give you an exact location of the twitch because everytime I feel for it it stops. When I feel for it my heart starts to beat faster although its not erratic so I have a feeling its doing this because I'm panicking...
I really wouldn't know how to describe the feeling too well but the best way I could describe it would be to say that it feels as though its the veins/arteries that are twitching as opposed to my heart because I can feel my skin move. I've looked up on the internet and I also think it might be a muscle spasm but I just wanted to ask your opinion. It's a similar feeling to the twitch people get in their eye, it's not painful just annoying and worrying because of where its happening.
As I mentioned before since I've stopped using drugs I feel as though I'm doomed and I keep worrying about everything and anything I can think of. Lung cancer, heart attack...you name it. I'm not eating properly, I'm not sleeping properly, I'm just so depressed. I don't know what to make of it!
Everyone is telling me to stop worrying but I don't want to just ignore something which may cause me even greater problems in the future...What do you think/suggest?

Hey Pal ... Same kinda S**t happened to me when I decided to quit everything ... The doctors said it was all in my head.... I know it was more than that .... but the trith is ... after a while it all went away ... it took about four months ...the trick was to try your best to ignore the issues... and do your best to be healthy in all the ways that you know ... because in the end that's the best we can do ... no one has all the answers ... but use what you know now to improve what you can ... deep breaths and good attitude go a long way .... Give it a shot ... Keep your head up and Press on...

hey, i have the same issues you have been having. I quite using cocaine about 4 years ago and started to have flip flops in my heart and then found out i also have sleep apnea. go and get a sleep study done. I belive it was due to my cocaine use and my apnea. It has gotten alot better with time. I have been on my cpap maching for about a year now and it has helped my heart issues as well. my anexiety has gotten better as well , i used to trip out on any thing with my body thinking im going to drop dead on the spot. Good luck and get a sleep study done if your tired during the day and people tell you snore loud..

Yeh I'm currently experiencing the same thing in my chest on the left side, as well as in my neck and arm. I too recently quit some pretty heavy drugs, and have quite a bit of anxiety about things like this. I've been told that it may go away after a while, but it's just darted recently. I was also told that dehydration could be a factor, but because I don't want more complications down the road if it is something serious I'm going to go see a doctor tomorrow.

same thing here twiching but also coughing up brown thick phelgm.

Then we may be on the same page. I stopped smoking heavy amounts of weed + tobacco. Get alot of lung twitching and alot of sh*t coming up. I think maybe our bodies are trying to heal.