Hi, I need relief for red, bloodshot eyes. I am trying to avoid too long watching TV, computer or even read, so that my eyes can take some rest. But, since symptoms are not disappearing I need some concrete medication. Please give me some advice.

Causes of eye redness are: foreign objects underneath the eyelid, like eyelashes and contact lenses, air pollution, disposition to smoke (cigarette smoke), smog, dust, chlorine in swimming pools, allergies, staring at light source (sun, artificial lights), illnesses. To get rid of the redness different eye drops and ointments are used containing decongestants (vasoconstrictors), tetrahydrozoline, oxymetazoline, naphazoline and phenylephrine. Some brand names are Visine, Murine, OcuClear. Corticosteroids may be applied to lessen signs of inflammation. Warm compresses will sooth and can be helpful to remove crusted secretions.

Well,
You have to know that there are several reasons why you can have red bloody eyes. So in order to get rid of this condition you really must treat the underlying cause. Dry eyes are often the problem with red eyes. You can use some tear drops which might help with the red eyes. Also if you have inflammation of the uvea you might have redness because of this. As you can see you really need to find what is causing your redness in eyes and then you will be able to treat the problem. Try to see a doctor if nothing is helping with the problem. I hope this helped.

All the best,
Nelie