hello, just a quick question, im a hemodialysis patient and ive been on dialysis for about 4 years now ive had bloodshot eyes for about 2-3 years and ive only just made an appiontment to see about them as ive started with headaches too that never seem to go away.. when i look to the sides my eyes ache or if somethings close to my face, i thought the bloodshot eyes were to do with my diet but doctors at hospital for my dialysis say its not.. thanks

Since you are going to check your vision with the ophthalmologist I think there is no need to second guess what is in question. Your symptoms can be consequence of your condition but if the doctors already told you it isn’t than redness of the eyes and headaches could be symptoms of some serious condition. Anyway I think that the best thing you can do is to talk to your doctor and let him do his job.

It has been some time since you have posted this question so I hope that by now you have resolved your problem. Can you tell us what was wrong and what the right diagnosis was? And how were you treated?

Thank you in advance for your response.