sir,

my scrotum is covered with angiokeratoma lesions. i am 35 years old and i have been having them since i was 12. now there are some on my penis too and the number has been increasing. i have heard online about treatment with argon laser. i want to know how can i get rid of them once and for all. Please tell me where should i go for treatment. i.e a skin specialist or a what?

i am from india. it will help me greatly if you can suggest a good doctor in india who can give me treatment, and how much would it cost appoximately. I have more than a hundred lesions.

Thanks, please help me

Hi there. I think that the person you should talk to is a plastic surgeon who specializes in skin. That way they can remove what you want to get rid of plus minimize the scarring. Does that help you at all? Unfortuantely, I do not know any doctors in India...

I have tried the Visine (Tetrahydrozoline hydrochloride otc eyedrops) to shrink the papules. I did not have instant success but did see a slower and definite shrinking of the angiokeratoma papules. The progression over several weeks of topical application caused the papules to lowly change color from deep red/purple to a grey/semitransparent state and finally shrink to a small skin colored bump. Interesting stuff. I discussed the treatment with my physician who had never heard of it before. None the less, it seemed to work.