can a person live a healthy life with out his testicals and if so how do you go about getting them removed.

Testicle removal is ordered by a physician when there is an underlying condition that demands this procedure.
My uncle suffered from testicular cancer and he had to have one of the testis removed. He is 33 and hasn’t fathered yet. However, he will be able because he still has one testicle left. This situation is of course different from losing both testicles where you can’t father.

What do you mean when you say healthy life? There is a possibility of experiencing problems with erection and even low libido but you will probably undergo a hormonal replacement therapy.

I hope you don’t mind me asking about your reasons for removal!

why would you want your testicles removed?!?!?

I wont even go there.

I had a testicular torsion due to which one of my testicles had to be removed i think its the left one ... will i be able to father a child in the future

Quote:

My relative has been advise to get both testicals removed, as he has prostatate cancer in the initial stages, without spreading to any other part of the body expect localised to prostate. How safe is this and what are the side effects, He is very healthy and is 78 yrs old. Please advise

Some M2F transgenderists have it done to eliminate the testestrone and its affects from the body. By doing this it gives the body's estrogen (both natural and supplemental) to have a possitive effect on the body. :-D

I have 2 boys so i would LOVE to get mine removed to put it simple they are a pain in the nuts :p i have No use for them anymore and just want them gone if i could id cut em of myself if it would not hurt so dam bad lol

the reason i would have mine removed is because i'm changing my sex from male to female

removal of testicle is possible but i don't think anyone would ever consider this no matter what happens right?

I would love to have mine removed as my sex drive is very vry high and my wifes is none and we fight over this all the time as for sex with me well my body cant as i have no feeling from the nipples down as for a tumer in the spinal cord (wich will kill me in the end) so yes I would have them removed I would do it my self but for the loes of blood and then not being able to stop it

i am having pain in my testis. In younger age i was suffering from hydrocile.Other effects is body pain specialy after intercourse.I think i am having other comlication due to testis infection (yet to be diagnosed)

I am 62 years old and a year ago I had no idea I had any problem, I have always been in perfect health. I had prostate cancer with a Gleason score of 9 which is the worst.......I had a radical prostectomy within three weeks. The pathology report said it was all contained in the prostate but my doctor said that because the Gleason score was so high that it could come back. It has been 7 months since my surgery and my first psa test was .02, second was .04 and 3rd was .1. It is starting to come up and it looks like I might be heading towards hormone therepy. It sounds like the testosterone is what activates the cancer. I hate the thought of pills for the rest of my life so I was wondering if the testicle removal would be a better solution to stop the testosterone. I was having the best sex of my life before the operation and now no erection after 7 months. Will testicle removal have a better effect of stopping testosterone than harmone therepy? Any ideas are appreciated.

COS IT HURT'S LIKE HELL I'M ON PAIN PILL'S 24/7 SOMETHING THAT SMALL CAN HURT LIKE IT DOSE AND CAN NOT GET OUT AND DO THING'S LIKE YOU LIKE TO DO

Removing a man's testicles will leave him sterile and impotent and unable to have any sex or even sexual desire unless he has artificial testosterone replacement therapy which is very costly and does not get covered by most insurance plans, especially if the castration is an elective and not medically necessary procedure. Self castration or by amateurs is extremely dangerous and can lead to chronic pain, and even death from immense blood loss or infections. Plus, its exceptionally painful to all men. Vasectomies are a way less radical surgery to end male sperm delivery and make a man sterile for the rest of his life by just cutting the two small vas deferens sperm tubes in the scrotum in minor surgery to cut those two tubes leaving the testicles but leaving a man his two testis unharmed and having little or no effect on his manhood or ability to have sex and just make him shoot blank, sperm free ejaculations. Total testis removal is very rarely agreed to by medical professionals without a severe condition such as cancer. Most men don't realize the negative impacts of losing both testicles such as severe depression, bone loss, and similar large adverse affects of castration on men. Its better left to castrating cattle and horses guys, not men. Your balls do more than just make sperm and really do make the man. No one can tell how much it can impact a man to lose his balls, and there's no changing your mind or going back once they're cut off and gone boys.