Hello, folks. I have been suffering from cataract for a year. My ophthalmologist says that I am a candidate for a surgery. However, I would like to hear your experience before removing cataract. Can anyone help me with this? It would be great if anyone could help me with this. I would appreciate all your replies. Bye!

Hi, there. I would like to advise you not to hurry. It is important to know how cataract affects your daily life. It is also important to know what percentage of vision loss is present. Can you still drive safely and do your job? These are all questions you should consider before making a final decision. An older person who is less active will have less need for a sharp vision than the younger one. In some cases, cataract should be removed even if it isn’t causing some major problems. It is especially valid if cataract interferes with the treatment of some other eye problem such as macular degeneration or diabetic retinopathy. Think well and consult your ophthalmologist. Good luck!