Hello! Over the past few years I have been experiencing reoccurring yeast infections. I have been treating them but they keep reappearing. Now, I have talked to my husband, and he said it would be ok for him to have vasectomy, because we don’t want anymore children. Would vasectomy help in stopping my yeast infections? Thank you in advance!

Mmmm, I believe that the answer to that question would be NO. First of all, you don’t know what is causing your yests to re-appear (it seems to me). It doesn’t have to mean that you are getting it because of the sexual activity. If reoccurring yeast infections is the only reason your husband would perform vasectomy, I would then just say….Hold your horses!!!! Here are a couple of possible causes of yeast infection: antibiotics, clothing (esp. dirty), chemicals, too much condoms containing a spermicide nonoxynol-9, yeast-containing foods, both naturally-occurring and artificially introduced hormones, and weakened immune system. However, if you are still thinking about vasectomy, please talk some more to other doctors and here their opinions on your reasons.

Yeast containing foods to not cause a yeast infection. Bread and other sorts have nothing to do with the type of infection you get in your vaginal area.

the increased estrogen from birth control pills can cause frequent yeast infections.