Hi, it has been almost two years since I have suffered a car crash. I had some severe injuries but with the help of professional therapist I have managed to recover. He has also recommended me to do some resistance exercises using stretching equipment. And I did. However, not only that it did not help me, but it even made my pain reoccur. Can you tell me why are resistance problems occurring?

Hi, I am sorry to hear about your car crash. But the good thing is that you have recovered. The therapist that told you to do resistance exercises was right to recommend you this type of activity. It has been proven that resistance training can help in the recovery process of people that have been injured. It is also known that this kind workout has much less chances of developing injuries. The thing is, you have to do the exercises properly and for a right period of time. You must not overwork yourself. Therefore, I suggest you stop doing the exercises. Secondly, go and talk to the therapist that has provided you with the recovery program. Ask him to explain you the proper way of using the, as you said, stretching equipment. Also, ask him about the intensity you need to apply while you are resistance training.