If I use something like a towel to help me stretch my hamstrings am I asking for trouble? I'd like to really get a good stretch in, but am afraid that I'll over do it and have a set back.

PH, I have to use a towel to stretch my hammies. I am just not that flexible yet. As long as you keep it in control you should be fine. My massage therapist recommended a book to me that has really helped with my stretching and helped stayoff the pirformis problems I have. The book is "Stretching" by Bob Anderson. He recommends using a towel to help you when you just can't reach on your own. Hope this helps.

Using a towel is good. warm up first and go easy, consistance is the key.

Its called the Stretchrite Its made of nylon and has knobs on it that help with resistance. It is only like 25 bux. Comes with a booklet for different stretches.

i use the stretch rite like above in addition to active isolated stretching really helped me alot