Just looking for some different ways that people weight train at home.

Right now I am using reistance bands for the upper body and really like them. Thinking about leg weights to work on lower body? Any thoughts? Anyone? :shrug:

Do you want heavy duty equipment or something other in ideas?

I really would like some ideas, but anything that anyone wants to post works too. I have been told that the bands don't help you develop strength but I feel that have given me good definition and that is pretty much what I am looking for. The only real problem that I have is finding good leg exercises with acessories that I coulde pick up for a decent price.
Thanks!

If you're looking for tapes...and that sort of thing for conditioning. I recommend The Firm. You can really tone up your legs with the step you get with the program. It is challenging.

I have the program, but usually go in to the gym. Most people like The Firm. You can get them on DVD too.

Is this what you were thinking?

Not sure where you got this information, but if you're working with resistance bands, and doing it properly, you'll work on strength. Since as we all know, weight training is actually resistance training.

i've got this, but it didn't come with him :?

You were robbed!!!!
How do you like your bowflex? Mr Aire wants one. I have heard mixed reviews...and now that I know the guy in the picture doesn't come with it, what's the point???
Seriously, RR, do you like it?

I use dumbbells

I do squats, lunges, and calf raises.

At home, in my basement.

I have a nice bench in the basement and it worked out real well for me when I used it. Didn't have to wait, could train anytime I wanted. The only drawback was no spotter for my Bench Presses

MSU - i'm in the same boat!

i actually just read a copy of mens health (total body workout) and they had a big section on dumbell workouts.

get a set and theres not much limit to the exercise variation you can get... there's a bunch of different walks and stuff you can do with them.

i can look it up for you if you want.

dumbells will help, but i'd look into one of those E-Z Curl Bars for supersets. it's great for endurance, strength, helps keep you thin and defined. you won't bulk up too much, but you'll have better muscles (looks and strength).

-blue

That sounds great, I love men's health for that sort of info they are often much better then many of the women's "fitness" magazines!

Squat and lunges are great for legs. I just hold hand weights when I do them. I know hand weights get pretty expensive but I found some adjustable hand weights on Amazon  for a pretty reasonable price and that is practically all you need! You can find cheaper one as well but you just have less options. It depends on your needs I guess. Tons of upper body and lower body exercises can be done using just your bodyweight and dumbbells. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I knew there was some reason I didn't buy one of those...just too depressing when you open the box...

that joke hurt me both mentally and physically, PH. Please, next time, think of the children. Go to a Play it Again used sports store and pick up a couple dumbells and some weights. (You'll only need 30 lbs MAX at first). You can do all sorts of lifting with these....
OH MY GOSH! I KNEW there was a reason I hadn't come "to the other side" of these running forums...they've got Shelfie talking about lifting weights!!! :D

I'm done with the wiffle bat O death and I'm turning to the ol standby...The Supersoaker 5000 filled with grape juice
Prepared to get JUICED, DIVA!!!!