For a long time I get up and everything goes black and then slowly comes back. I have stumbled many times during this. But this morning I stood up and that's all I remember, I don't remember falling I just remember staring at a wall while I was shaking uncontrollably. Why does this happen? I'm 14 (girl) and I did lack in iron but I think I'm ok now

Hi there

You probably need to resume therapy for Iron. Being anemic is one of the reasons for oxygen not reaching vital organs in the body. Fainting spells, seizures are common with Iron deficiency. I will list more below -

Initially, iron deficiency anemia can be so mild that it goes unnoticed. But as the body becomes more deficient in iron and anemia worsens, the signs and symptoms intensify.

Iron deficiency anemia symptoms may include:

• Extreme fatigue
  • Pale skin
  • Weakness
  • Shortness of breath
  • Chest pain
  • Frequent infections
  • Headache
  • Dizziness or lightheadedness
  • Cold hands and feet
  • Inflammation or soreness of your tongue
  • Brittle nails
  • Fast heartbeat
  • Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or starch
  • Poor appetite, especially in infants and children with iron deficiency anemia
  • An uncomfortable tingling or crawling feeling in your legs (restless legs syndrome)

May I suggest that you revert back to a healthcareprovider who can quantify the dose for Iron deficiency supplements. Good luck