I was really hoping someone here could come up with a cure for acute retinal necrosis - or at least help with some suggested of how eyesight can be improved at least a bit for acute retinal necrosis patients. Are there any folks here who suffer from acute retinal necrosis themselves and would you share what worked for you?

I was diagnosed with acute retinal necrosis over two years ago. There is no "cure" for retinal necrosis. "Necrosis" means cell death, which is not reversible. When diagnosed, there are ways to prevent it from worsening, but not to take back the damage that has already been done. Do you have this condition?

Hi ,

My mother was diagnosed with acute retinal necrosis a couple of months ago. After injections directly to her eye, steroids, and a number of pills her vision is still blurred in the effected eye. Her vision improved that she could still see our faces under the Foscarnet but now that she has stopped the injections it is regressed to blurry vision. Is there any way to improve her vision or is this permanent?