I am Rh negative and 1 month pregnant. I had an abortion using medical pills last year to terminate my 2nd child as we are not yet ready for a 2nd baby. I had heavy bleeding for a day and drank anti-hemorrhaging tablet. I continued bleeding for 2weeks with large blood clots. I did not receive a Rhogam shot after coz I did not tell my OB gyne about our decision because it is illegal in our country. And now I am pregnant, my husband's father who is also a doctor, suggested to terminate our baby as it will be dangerous for mine and our baby's health to continue with my pregnancy because of the Rh diseases such as hemolytic disorder or anemia, but told us to consult my OB gyne first. I am also underweight. I know my OB won't agree on this. My worries now is that is it safe to undergo another medical abortion? What will be the risks? Please help.

Hi guest,

I'm asking you this, not your father in law. Do you want this baby or are you looking for a reason to abort it?

Rh diseases? Is your husband Rh positive? Have you already been tested for antibodies?

It is still possible that you could have a normal pregnancy. You'd need to be monitored throughout your pregnancy.

Talk to your OB and be open with your concerns.

Hope it helps.

Hi medic-dan,

Thanks for your reply.
I want to have a baby but I'm too afraid of it. With our first child, it's been a miracle that we're both alive. We could not find a blood donor, my baby's heartbeat slowed down inside my womb, and I was near unconscious.
Yes, my husband is Rh positive. And our country doesn't have the technology for antibody screen tests. I'm also thinking that terminating it this early is better than having a miscarriage in 3-4months w/c usually happens to Rh mothers who didn't have the Rhogam shot, coz the more Rh+ blood that leaks inside me, the more chances of me getting sensitized.
However until today, I'm still undecided on what to do.

Hi guest,

Thank you for your response. It is easy to take for granted what some have and others don't.

I can better understand your situation.

Medical abortions are relatively safe. The sooner you have it, the "easier" it is. Yes there can be complications, as there can be with a full term pregnancy.

Can you find someone near you that can help you with this situation and maybe discuss your options?

I wish you the best. Please post back if you have any questions or if we can be of more assistance.