I had abortion two years ago. We are planning a family now and want to get pregnant. I would like to know if pregnancy after abortion could be a problem. Thanks for reply!

There is a risk that abortion could cause scarring inside the uterus. Consequence is infertility. But, I must inform you that these chances are small. You will be sure, if you visit you gyn.

i know that you posted your question a while ago but I had to tell you this. I had an abortion and then I got pregnant about a year after...gave birth to a beautiful baby boy and then just 10 months ago, my husband and I had our 2nd baby boy. No problems with it at all.

MEGANS story is the norm, MANY women have healthy pregnancies after an abortion!

No all you have to do is start the fun part of trying for a baby =)

i had an abortion 3 years ago and now im off birth control and not trying to avoid pregnancy...ive not been trying but not avoiding it...but my husband and i have been having unprotected sex for almost a year and i havent gotten pregnant im afraid that i cant...any advise?

I DO have advice..

THERE are only about 3-5 days a month that you can even become pregnant! Guessing these days will not work, it is easier and faster to get a fertility monitor!

If you are having a period you ARE ovulating, you just need to fertilize that egg!

You should consider using a clearblue easy fertility monitor.

this year i got pregnant in mar and had an abortion, then i got pregnant again this year in july and had a second abortion in at the end of sept, its the end of nov right now and i am pregnant again

WELL, hello there!

If you wish to carry this pregnancy to term, you should have no problems as far as your body is concerned. Uncomplicated abortions do not affect fertility, if you did not have a massive infection and you had the aboriton done by a competant doc, you should be fine!

If you wish to have another abortion, make sure you seek out a good clinic/doctor(like last time), and you should continue to be allright.

There are women whom I PERSONALLY KNOW that have had 3-4 abortions in their life, and have 3 healthy children.

Fertility problems came from illegal abortions, because of infections and incompetant doctors tearing womens uterus'.

HOW do you feel about this pregnancy? Feel free to talk here!!

THAT WAS ME :-D

In November I found out that I was pregnant for the first time. My Bf and I had not been trying, but it was a happy accident. When I found out I was already 6 weeks. Before I saw the physican who told me I was pregnant, I had been doing some deep technical diving off the coast of Koh Tao, Thailand for three weeks on a live aboard boat. I had also been taking anti-malarial medication for almost three months due to my remote location in Asia. I miscarried December 23.
In February, I found out that I was pregnant again. I decided to have an abortion, I chose the medical method by pill.
Now, I am concerned that I may not be able to get pregnant again. I miscarry once (for unknown reasons) and I then decide to have an abortion. I am only 22, so I know that I have time, but I feel that it may be difficult for me to concieve again. Isn't it unusual for someone my age to miscarry? My GYN back here in the US told me that it could have been due to the oxygen levels while diving so frequently or complications from the anti-malaria medication. Does anyone have any advice?

Hi Guest =)

It is not "Unusual" for ANY woman to miscarry, as it is an unfortunate event that sometimes we truly have no control over.

ALL of your circumstances, the anti-malarial meds and lack of oxygen, definately can cause problems with a developing fetus.

Many women have had multiple miscarriages or abortions, and are able to have healthy pregnancies.

I too had an abortion a year ago and got pregnant a few months later and had a miscarriage(unknown reasons) in Jan 2007. i want to have another baby soon, is it safe to try or should i wait at least a year????

Hi CARIFAIRY,

My wife just disclosed that she has had six abortions in the past. We are now expecting our first baby and I'm worried the baby could be abnormal or have complications because there is a possibilty the abortions were not carried out professionally

I am 34 weeks preg. now i had an abortion 2 years ago. the doctor cut me when having if. now i having back to back contractions and a lot of spotting. i am really worried about this. what could be going on. they say the baby is ok. but i have 3 other children and never had this problem. they saind my cervix is still thick and closed. what if i have problems from where i was cut 2 years ago.

i had abortion almost 3 yrs back when my son was 1 and 1/2 yr old. Now iam trying to get pregnant. we have been trying for almost 6 months but no luck yet, I also tried the ovulation monitor but havnt worked yet.
anybody have suggestions