how long should i wait to conceive after an abortion? :'(

I don't know I'm also in the same question like you, sometimes I think that I won't get pregnant again...

Why are you trying to conceive straight away AFTER an ABORTION.??
Surely you had the abortion for a REASON. I have had a termination myself, so no how hard it can be afterwards emotionally.

But I did not have a termination and then want to get pregnant virtually straight away. I waited a further 3 yrs before the time was right for me and my partner to have a child. Although everyday haunts me over what I did but I know at the time it was the right thing to do.

You can conceive virtually straight way after the first period after the termination. Although I would advise you to look carefully at WHY you want to conceive now after already having a termination??

You have plenty of time to conceive again with the right person, right circumstances etc, not just because you feel remorseful over the termination. please think about what you are doing here.

What if they had to have a termination for medical reasons? Not everyone has an abortion for the reasons they show you on TV.

What a stupid reply. Just because YOU probably had a termination because the time wasn't right DOES NOT mean that all others are in this position.

We have just terminated a pregnancy. Our baby had triploidy. Go look at up u id**t and see how heartbreaking it is.

My termination was for medical reasons and I sure as hell want to fall pregnant again as soon as possible.

m***n

Fully agree with the reply above. I have just 2 days ago had a termination as my baby had downs syndrome and was highly unlikely to survive the pregnancy.

The thing that gets me through this the most is the hope that we can now go on to have a healthy baby. Whilst this is not about being heartless or unfeeling for the child you have just lost - at the end of the day I want a baby! At 39 years old, with no other children, I feel I am not in a position to wait - nor do I want to.

Guest who recommends waiting - sorry but you are an id**t as there are many reasons for terminations - NOT BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T WANT THE BABY!

what if the person had an abortion because they had slept with someone else and didnt want that chance of having someone elses baby?

Dont judge people!

I'm shocked at how people view aborting babies with Down Syndrome as the automatic thing to do.
It is as if as long as there is any excuse then thats a good enough reason.

I would just like to say that I had to terminate my pregnancy at 23.5 weeks because my baby had what is called CHAOS.  There was absolutely no chance of my baby surviving outside of the womb.  I went through thorough testing and went to very educated doctors to determine this.  I was told that the baby had no chance of survival and i could possibly die if i didn't terminate immediately.  For those of you who choose to terminate due to downs or other issues that the baby would survive shame on you.  you did it to make YOUR life easier. I would have chosen to love that child because thats what parents do! I do not know everyone's stories but they sounded to me in some cases that they were mature enough to spread their legs but not mature enough to handle the outcome and took the easy way out.    I now only wish i would have been told Downs syndrome rather than what they told me.  THere have only been less than 50 reported cases of CHAOS with only i believe 3 of those surviving.  Had they told me my baby would have lived and needed special care his entire life, i would have done whatever i had to do because that is what a caring mother would do...anything she  can for her children.  Anyway...i came to this for advice and was somewhat appalled by what I read and felt i needed to get some frustration out.  AF just arrived and I want more than anything to be pregnant again but absolutely do not want to have a miscarriage because I honestly don't think I could handle it.

I'm not exactly sure why all these questions get such a negative reply. Honestly the person who asked just wanted a simple reply not negativity nor to be slammed for asking. I myself had to have an abortion and mine was due to constant medical issues then we finally went through with it when the doctors found no heartbeat. Does this make me a bad person? No. Had it been for Down syndrome I would have aborted as well. What kind of life are you bringing that child into? In a world where people make fun of others because of the things they can't control why do that to a child? They don't deserve that sort of treatment from people and think about the cost of raising a child with major medical problems! Round the clock care, the mother either cant work or has to depend on the kindness of others to care for her child. I work for hospice and the worst thing I've seen is an 18 year old placed in a nursing home because the parents couldn't afford to stay home. That girl would moan every moment she was awake confined to a geriatric chair shrivled to practically nothing unable to move or speak relying on a feeding tube to maintain what little dignity and quality of life remained. Ask yourself if that's the kind of life you yourself would prefer to live. Yet the audacity to reprimand someone for choosing to abort is absolutely absurd! Who are you to judge? Perhaps you should take a look at your own self and decide if you are perfect enough to pass judgement. Only one can judge and that is God. 

It would've been nice if someone actually responded to the question at hand.  

I terminated due to CHAOS as well. It is a terrible diagnosis.