I am 6 weeks 4 days.  My HCG levels have been rising slowley from 1125 to 3300 in 2 weeks.  4 days ago I had an ultrasound that confirmed a heartbeat.  Though it was only 80bpm.  She was happy that it was beating none the less and didnt seem too concerned.  That night right after the ultrasound I started spotting.  I thought it was due to the invasive and painful internal ultrasound.  The bleeding got heavier through out the night and 2 tiny clots were passes (nickle size)  I wore a pad, but never once did blood actually get on it.  I only saw bleeding on the toilet.  

Anyway, I had an ultrasound 2 days later due to the bleeding. (new ultrasound tech) said that finding a heartbeat this soon was nearly imposible.  So he didnt really look.  The baby is still there, surprisingly.  I thought for sure it would be gone after those 2 clots were passed.  

Today I got my Hcg tested again (which was the 3300).  They said that its an extremely slow rise, but not to loose all hope yet.  

I have until Monday (4 days) to wait until the next ultrasound to determine if it was a miscarriage or it the health of the baby is indeed, ok.  

Wondering if anyone else went through this with positive outcomes.  I still have morning sickness, shortness of breath and tender breasts.  I feel pragnant still.  worried that I am getting myself too worked up and just prepare for the worst.

Thanks 

Hi Pickles,

Your levels are within a normal range for 6 weeks.  It was early to find a heartbeat.

Bleeding and spotting is common, and considered normal, during the first trimester.  

I don't see any reason for concern yet.  The bleeding may also be related to the ultrasound as you suspect.  On thing that many people don't appreciate is that there are risks with every procedure - including an ultrasound.  

Try not to worry. Hang in there.

Thanks for the reply! I am doing my best to stay positive. Though I am on my 5th day of bleeding... that can't be good, right?

Cramping would be a more significant concern. An ultrasound can cause trauma to tissues. That's partly why the FDA in the US has warned against "keepsake ultrasounds."

The hCG levels rising is a good sign.  Hang in there!