Good evening, fellows. My friend has been administrated to the hospital and I am little concerned. He is there due to pyogenic spine infection. I would really want to know what risk factors could be for this. Can anyone tell me this? I will really appreciate all your replies for this. Thanks.

Hello, there. I know what you mean. There are many risk factors for pyogenic spine infection. Presence of some congenital spine abnormalities is just some of them. Some of chronic conditions can also be responsible. Those would be: alcoholism or diabetes. It is very important to start with antibiotics on time. I hope this will help. Good luck to your friend! Bye!

Hi, everyone. My cousin was also administrated to the hospital due to pyogenic spine infection. She was on immunosuppressive therapy. It was because she had had previously kidney transplantation. I would say that suppression of immune system is one of the risk factors. I have also read that people with AIDS also have more chances for this infection. This only verifies this theory. You can consult an expert about more details. Good luck with all! Bye!