I was wondering what causes rheumatism. My mom for example always says how she feels the pain in her bones and when I ask her what is wrong the answer is:” O, it is mine rheumatism.…” I don’t understand this condition. I know that she uses some herbal remedies to treat rheumatism. Is it good? What causes rheumatism?

A great number of herbal remedies are recommended for rheumatism. Modern medicine recognizes different rheumatic disorders and different causes. Some of them have multiple causes and require specific treatments. Most sources dealing with rheumatism tend to focus on arthritis; however “non-articular” rheumatism can cause just as much discomfort and difficulty. Therapy for majority of rheum is paracetamol or ibuprofen and diclofenac, sometimes even stronger analgesics. I am taking doclofenac for my leg occasionally.