Hello. I'm 46 year old male and I have some questions about my son’s health. You see, he’s only 15 and wants from me to buy him some weight for some home practice.
But, I'm not so sure should I do this because the truth is that I don’t know anything about teenage weightlifting.
I have never practiced body lifting and that’s why I would like to find out can it cause some damage to the young body. I have talked with him and he told me that all his friends are practicing body lifting and that there is no reason to be worried. How could I be sure?

I totally understand why you are so worried and that’s why I will tee you some things. You see, you were right about this because there are many dangers connected with unprofessional teenage weightlifting.
Many abnormalities could be caused by lifting heavy weight by your own without any professional supervision.
So, I wouldn’t suggest you to let him do this bodybuilding at his home but rather, I suggest you to subscribe him into some gym because there are a lot of professional trainers there who could help him giving him some good and useful advices.
Tell him that, if weight lifting is important to him, to lessen the weight, increase the repetitions and focus significantly on his technique. It will cause much better results.

Hello i am a 13 year old male and i am around 5 foot 9. I have been weightlifting for over a month now, i do 5kg dumbells, and 17kg bench presses. I am wondering if i will stunt my growth

Hi im 14 yrs old and im noly 5ft 6... i lift 40kgs on dumbells and i usally bench press 72kgs.. Iam sick of my parents telling me i wont grow any more because i lift that amount is this true ???

so i've been lifting sence around 8th grade i start around benching 175lbs max and 220lbs squat i'm now in 11th and i'm benching 260lbs and squating 440lbs and nothing hurts in my body oh yea and i'm 5'8 and 255lbs

No. but you can do damage with heavy weights. I suggest do a weight that you can only do 15 reps with. I used to do very heavy with 3 sets of 8 reps. I had gains but i started to feel shot and sore. So i suggest you go to a gym and talk to a someone about it and they will hopefully give you a personal program

Possibly but also lifting heavy can cause serious injuries. At the age of 14 that is too heavy and possibly looking at serious injuries. I suggest at the age of 14 you use a weight that you can only do 3 sets of 15 reps. In the early teens lifting heavy just isn't needed

Hey, I lifted weights when I was 14 and it never stunted my growth! But the poeple I knwo who lifted the real heavy weights like Shaun didn't grow, so form my experience, lift weights yes! But donlt rip, ionly tone!

yea let him that age is perfect, best thing is to let him play some kind of sport so he uses that lifting so there for he wont be slow as, tell him if just lifts and not run or streach before and after he will grow bigger but not (balance strong) if i were you i would get him that weights in the house along with a boxing puching bag or something like that it's a good mix. I hope i helped ya and watch him dont let him use too much that or hernia

Lifting heavy weights will be pulling your whole
body down, but what if I lift by sitting on a chair? Does it has a difference?
I lifted 12-15kg(10-12reps) and 20kg(5-7reps) last year starting from June
to Dec at age of 15. Approximately maximum for 96days. Will I be growing
again if I stop lifting those heavyweights?

Now I'm just doing bodyweight exercises. Will I stop growing now? I'll be
reaching 16 this March. I need to know whether may I still grow? Please and
thank you.

Best regards,
Chris.

im 15 and i go to the gym 3 times a week when i started off i wasnt serious but now i am. i bench 85 sets and curl 17.5kg to 20kg each arm i look to increase my size as i am 187cm and 81kg so is my goal stupid ?should i stop and do lighter weights?does it have effects on your joints when your older?

I am 6 foot 5 inches and 285 lbs and i have been lifting since 4th grade. weightlifting does not stun your growth!

Does Weight Lifting Stunt Growth in Height?

I get this question all the time: "I'm in my teens and I want
to start weight lifting. But someone recently told me that
weightlifting can stunt my growth. Is this true?"

It's seems this myth will never die. But I will try again to
kill it.

The whole notion of growth being stunted by weight lifting is
a myth. It didn't stunt the growth of Shaquille O'Neal, David
Robinson, Karl Malone, Michael Vick, etc. They all started
lifting in their early teens, and all have gone on to be well
over 6' tall and star in professional sports.

Dave Draper and Arnold Schwarzenegger started lifting very
young and both are 6'1" or taller. Lou Ferrigno started
working out at 14 years old at the height of 5' 9" and grew to
6' 5" - taller then anyone in his family!

So the answer is no, weightlifting does not stunt height growth, or
any other kind of growth, for that matter. There is no scientific
evidence to support such ideas and, in fact, books such as the
Russian, School of Height, suggest that weight training may
stimulate growth. The latest weight training studies done on
teens showed only positive effects.

I'd also point out that activities such as running and jumping
create forces on the body that are six to eight times one's body
weight. The compression forces on his legs and spine are far
greater in running and jumping than they will ever be in
squatting or pressing over head.

Not only will proper weight training not stunt growth, it allows
teens to grow up with stronger muscles and bones, along with a
healthy lifestyle. It certainly benefits any other sport they
engage in.

Even though proper weight training protocols will not inhibit
growth, the risk for such occurrences and injuries are just like
anything else. If you have proper instruction and a
well-organized program,,your chances are very low.

It is important to learn the basics of weight training and get
medical clearance from your doctor before you begin.

Careful attention should be paid to correct weightlifting form, and
not using too much weight or too much stress placed on the
joints. This is still true, of course for everyone, regardless
of age, and no one should ever try to do more weight than they
can reasonably lift, otherwise injury can occur.

Correct technique will reduce any risk of injury and develop your
strength more effectively than not training with proper technique.
The greatest benefits and smallest risks occur when 8 to 15
repetitions can be performed with a given weight before adding
weight in small increments.

Remember if you are going to exercise regularly always do a
warm up followed by some stretching. After your workout take
5-10 minutes to cool down and do some more gentle stretching.
Studies have shown that people who warm up and cool down
adequately have far fewer injuries.

first i am also confused about that subject matters because thats the thing that bothering me, well i am attending gym sessions for almost 2 weeks and i asked the gym instructor about that matter he replied that it doesnt affect largely because your muscles and your bdy will likewise stretched and become more flexible so instead it will give you an advantage in increasing height.. the best way is that you must drop some weights in lifting dumbles and do more repetotion for more effective results..

okay...