Hello, my name is jack and i just started track and field, i did cross for about 5 years and trained a lot during winter(could do max of 25km). Im 15 and my pb for 3000m is 10:10 and 1500m is 4:44 and i just went to one track meet. I wanted to know what kinda of training i should do for these events. I know i want to beat 10 min for the 300m by the end of the month or summer. Pls help me because i m very interested. Thx a lot :D

Have you been getting every year since you started running? If so (which you probably have), you should just keep doing what you've been doing, since you're going to keep improving since you're only 15. if you change your schedule you risk screwing up your system and it could hurt your times

The problem is that i have about 3 different coaches. I have one where i do 1 workout with hill, 3 long runs and couple of speed works.

Another one is that i do speed work all week and during the weekend i do a long(15k+) run just once, and take a break friday.

The other one is that i run about 6k+ per day and do 15km on the weekend(which i did during winter). I think my first coach is the best for me but other people say differently.

yeah the first coach definitely is. like i said, have u gotten consistenlly better every year? if you have, you should keep doing what you've been doing (and do what the 1st coach says). doing speedwork 5 days a week is just idiotic unless its not true speedwork and they arent all out

I understand the confusion you face. There are many different theories on training in general, which only get more confusing when you try to tailor it to a specific distance. Given that, I have found that the best solution is to include most of the different categories of workouts into your training. For example, you will want to do one long run per week and over the course of a two-week period include two lactate threshold runs, two VO2 max workouts, one or two anaerobic sprint workouts, and some easy mileage in between, etc. The key is to focus on the VO2 max workouts because the distances you run will be mostly affected by these types of workouts. Your coach can give you advice on the types of VO2 max runs to do but I would focus on 400s and 600s at 800 race pace for the 400s and 1500 race pace for the 800s with a 300 to 400 meter jog between reps. Also, don't forget that you have to race to get faster too. Make sure you do some races of a little shorter and a little longer than your goal race throughout the season. Good luck! And don't forget to communicate your feelings to your coach.

Hey, i also run quite a bit, i focus alot on 5 & 10 k distances. I agree with Kershawm, as running the VO2 Max will give you a good idea on how physically fit you are for your endurance, and it will also give you endurance as well as speed training in a format which is very similiar to the proper pacing of 1500 and 3000 meter distances. My best is level 13.9 on the 20m run, see if you can match that :D .