I am 19 years old male and I am planning to start running for sometime already. I would like to know something more about eating habits and adequate nutrition for this discipline. Also I would like to know what sorts of food i would use the most and which one to avoid.

Hi, I guess you know that you will need much energy for running. According to it you will have to use great quantities of carbon hydrates which will provide you enough energy. You would take it as fruits, vegetables and grains. Also you will have to drink much water and energy drinks. Proteins would be less part of your food and you will take it as fish and low fat meat. You would take also many minerals and vitamins as you will lose it trough your sweat. Your meals would be divided into several smaller and you wouldn't eat anything at least one hour before training.