Ive been feeling very bad for the past few months and Ive started seeing a therapist who prescribed me certain antidepressants. I still dont feel their effects but I hope they will eventually help me. My therapist advised me to take up a sport in order to improve my overall psychological health. Can you tell me something about running while on antidepressants?

Hey there! I hope youll be better. As far as I know, there are no side effects of antidepressants that can affect your running. Of course, Im talking about recreational running. Antidepressants can ameliorate bad mood, drowsiness and low motivation and help you overcome your depression. Running and natural environment can also have part in making you feel better. I dont think there are physiological side effects of antidepressants. Even if there were, they wouldnt prevent you from running. Just make a plan and for the beginning run no more than three times a week. Be careful not to exhaust yourself and if you notice that youre losing interest in running dont give up, because that can happen.