Hello! I need your advice about something. I’m training running for over a year now and since I haven’t noticed any particular improvement of my running speed, I reckon that I maybe should start training something else besides running. What would be a good combination with running? I mean, since running is pretty much an exhausting activity, is there anything else that I can exercise and still not be too exhausted?

I think that everything goes well with running for a simple reason that mandatory part of training for all sports is running. With running you improve your condition and strength. So, you can, for example, take up swimming. Some would say that it’s a killer combo, since swimming is also very demanding and can really exhaust you, but with a good schedule of training I think that those two sports would match perfectly. Besides, while you’re swimming you can learn various breathing techniques and that can help you with running. Maybe you should also try working out in a gym, and maybe that would help you to improve your speed. Just don’t give up, because each sport takes time.