Hello everybody! Im a very dynamic person and every time Im free I sit on my bike and go for a ride. Cycling is my favorite activity and Im thinking about buying a mountain bike because I think it can be even more interesting when you ride through nature. Can you tell me whats a good average speed on an mountain bike? As an avid cyclist I wouldnt like to drive slower than average.

Well, you know that it all depends both on your weight, the quality of your bike, the terrain youre riding on etc. For example, Ive read a research on how fast a cyclist can get during and hour and according to certain sources the world record is about 55kmph for the road riding. As for the mountain bike, I really dont know but I frankly dont think you should have to try to ride faster than 35-40kmph. Why would you? I mean, youre a recreational cyclist and theres no need to exaggerate and force yourself. It is enough to stay fit and to ride your bike regularly. Cross country riding is also great and I think thats the best way of exercising for recreational rider who dont have to chase records and speeds.