I was just reading a book about WWII prisoners of war who dug out from their prisoner camp through sandy soil.

This remarkable escape was from the same camp where "The Great Escape" was made only a few months later.

For the two man team to continue digging their small tunnel it was necessary for them to strip naked and tunnel in the nude. Far from erotic, this was a necessity because of the stiffling heat, humidity, bad air and scraping nature of clothing in the tunnel.

The author remarks that the sand got in their eyes, nose, mouth, ears, and under their foreskin.

I had never considered this before.... and as a circumcised man, I don't know how much of a problem this would be.

So I ask my un-circumcised brothers, Does it hurt to have sand under your foreskin, and how much of a problem would this be?

PS: The name of the book is "The Wooden Horse", published in 1949. It was made into a british black and white film about 1950 as well.

Maybe go see your doctor and ask  :)  ive had that  befor were   its all going normal then it kinda just stops and your like ohh....  thats it hahah 

Sand does not normally get under the foreskin, but when it does it does not hurt. The foreskin protects the head and it seals pretty tight. The same way it does not hurt if sand gets in your mouth - the foreskin is like the lips of your mouth, just more sensitive. Guys can just pull back the foreskin and leave it in the retracted position if they are worried about sand while swimming in the sea or just rinse it. In the army we are taught to pinch the tip of the foreskin a bit and let the urine flush out any sand when there is no water (urine is also sterile) around but you can also just wipe it on a piece of cloth. PS: Women do have foreskin... but it is called the clitoral hood for females.