Hello-
I am in a relationship with a man that is uncircumsized. He, since I began dating him, has complained that the foreskin is too tight. As time passed he began to get lesions in the very tip of the "hood" . I asked him what this could be. He thinks that it is that his skin is too tight and that in pulling it the skin is sensative and split. They are 4 identical slits on the tip of the gathered skin right where it is too tight for him to pull back. He goes through this daily. There is no discharge and there are no odors or sores or any symptoms other than the leisions that re-open every time he pulls back. I can't imagine what this could be. I ask him to go to the Dr and he says that they are going to circumsize him. That they have no other recourse. I gues what i am trying to ask is that is this normal? I cant seem to get literature on it.

if the foreskin is so tight that its a prob. he has to get curcumsized. otherwise he can get serious problems. if the penis cant be washed proberly he can actually get cancer in the penishead. if he can pull the foreskin back, then do it slowly (when the cuts are healed). repeat this for some weeks/months and it mght loosen up. hope it helps:D

Hi there,

I happen to have a similar problem to that girls bf.

Basically, unerect, I can pull the foreskin back fine, so cleaning isn't a problem.

Umm, me and my girlfriend will be having sex for the first time at some stage (I'm a virgin) and when I read the instructions on a condom ( :$ ) it said I should be able to roll it back when erect too, which, well, I've tried and it aint happening...

Any thoughts?

I've understood that alot of the problem is the frenulum, which is a part of the penis which connects the foreskin to the gland. Usually, that part of the anatomy is supposed to tear as a man ages so that the foreskin can be pulled back all the way.
If this does not happen, or if the frenulum is harder than it is supposed to be, you may want to see your doctor and ask.

I could not pull back the foreskin until i was 16,,,
Then i went to the doctor,,,he made a little cut and a couple of stitches..
Didn't hurt at all and now everything is fine! :-)

im only 14 and my foreskin is to tight i can pull it back unerrect but it hurts and i cant pull it back when its errect will it change as i grow?????

Hi 14year old. Too bad that your parents did not have you circumcised at birth. I strongly recommend that you get circumcised. All your problems with your penis will be resolved. It will always be clean, free of smegma (bacteria) which spells to high heaven. Also, your sex life (gay or straight) will be less of a problem. As you know, most european men are not circumcised and lots of them are having problems with their hygiene. Try to consult a free clinic where you live. I am sure that you in time will be able to retract your foreskin but why do through the pain if a circumcision will do it. OK.

i am also 14 years old and im not circumsized either. i have not experienced any pain yet and i can pull the skin back when erect and when im not is that unhealthy? and also is it alright to pull the skin back when ever you pee?

Sounds like your in great shape....Yes....do retract it when peeing...

I retracted mine when I was 7 yrs old....My Dad saw to that back then.
I'm now 51 yrs old & have never had any problems with mine.
Mine has always retracted back by itself when erect.

hoping you can help me! I am 18 and i can retract my foreskin no problem both flaccid and erect! i am able to do so from stretching day by day, wank by wank, etc. . .
BUT, when i leave it retratcted for a long period of time, the ridge of foreskin behind the head starts to swell and sorta looks like there's fluid building up (almost like a blister). when i push my foreskin back, it returns to normal after a few hours or a day max! So i think there's nothin to worry bout!
I am hoping somebbody can tell me how to prevent this and how i can keep my foreskin back without this happening?
please help n

Yes you can pull back the foreskin before the erection when you know your going to have sex or when he is a little soft then go to put the condom on.. YOU HAVE TO PULL THE FORESKIN BACK IN ORDER TO PUT CONDOM ON OR IT WILL BREAK!!!!!! VERY IMPORTANT..

As well there is a procedure that you can do in the doctors office for those who have tight foreskins my boyfriend had the same problem. What you do if youcant put up with it anymore, you go to the doctor, and he freezes the foreskin, painless... snips it a little, puts a bandaid on it and after 3-4 days, provided you follow the doctos directions you will have a great easy to handle foreskin! Much easier! You dont have to have a circumsision, actually this way is better, you get more pleasure from sex as well. Because there area lot of nerve endings in the foreskin! Trust me everything is great with me and the man

There are numerous groups that are attacking the practice of circumcision.
But here we have numerous guys that are having problems with the foreskin.

The circumcised penis is more '"automatic" in a lot of respects- cleaning, no 'retraction" necessary.

I was circumcised at age 42 for no medical reason- I just liked to have the exposed glans permanent.

There has been no loss of sensual feeling even after another 42 years.

Adult circumcision is not very painful and provides many benefits as I have suggested. It actually provides better sex because you do not have the foreskin insulating the glans, corona and sulcus from desirable stimulation.
Even if the foreskin can be retracted it creates a bunching right behind the corona which reduces the directness of contact.

You were lucky!!

I had the circumcision carried out when I was 3.
No choice not happy about it, but im not here to rant about circumcision.
Guys, the foreskin is attached to the glans (bell end) at birth and will seperate at any point between birth and 15yrs old. Basically if your armpits are getting hairy and there is no movement go and see the doc.
If you can retract when soft then clean throughly with water only (no soaps) thats all you need to do. Retraction when hard it should move and glide freely over the glands, if this is not the case use a flannel that is hot but bearable to the skin to warm up the area, then when soft insert to fingers and gently apply traction to the area pulling the opening apart to stretch the trutle neck part of the shaft skin. This is not a quick procedure and will take weeks / months but you should start to see and feel the diffrence pretty quick. If you think circumcision is the answer, consider this option carefully most men will lose the sensitivity of the glans and a lot of nerve endings from the foreskin. Some men (myself included) did not which has meant that cycling (my favorite sport) is awkward as I get rubbed all the time unless I use tape to pull the remaining skin over the glans to keep it protected. It also restricts your choice of underwear!
hope all this helps

I am 33 yrs old and also uncircumcised. I do admit when I first started being sexually active at 16, I did have some issues with my foreskin getting irritated. As a young boy I was not able to retract my skin but as I started experimenting sexually my skin began to losen up and was able to retract. Just don't force it. One thing I do is moisturize the foreskin after I shower. Now, I rarely have issues with my foreskin and is fully retractable. I think it's normal for the foreskin to get irritated from time to time as it is very sensitive. Just moisturize and keep clean. Just like any other routine (washing face,brushing teeth, etc.) every day. Hope this helps.

.. You just need to try the stretching exercises on the net, I use to not be able to retract at all until i found the stretches. I can now retract when soft and hard. just look it up on google.