Hi there my little man is turning three in september and I can't pull back his foreskin.....I am not sure at what age this should be done and I am always very gentle and do not use force....I took him to the doctor and he said straight away that he should be circumcised!!!! I was horrified....after talkin to my closest friend about this issue she told me that her son's didn't pull back until he was four and the doctor told her that it was perfectly normal....Now I am confused....I have decided to take him to another doctor for a second opinion but in the mean time any information in regards to this issue would be greatly appreciated.

not sure sdf sdf

Hi Jace you should get a second opinion, as he is only 3 circumcision is not necessary yet. You should leave it till at least he is 5 before even considering circumcision. But my advice to you get a second opinion and ask for there advice then its up to you whether you want your son to have the operation or wait till he is older. The likely hood is it will fix itself, hope this helps you. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

For your sons sake run as fast as you can away from any doctor who wants to cut off 50% of his and his wife's future sexual pleasure. It's certainly not unusual for a foreskin to not retract at his age and even much older. The biggest favor you can do for him is to keep on gently working to retract it.

Jace;

Your son's foreskin is not supposed to retract at this age. Doctors' used to think that the foreskin should retract by age five but this was outdated and erroneous information from 1949. We now know that the average age of first foreskin retraction is 10.4 years. Many boys do not retract until they are in puberty. There is no need for this foreskin to retract until he becomes sexually active.

Leave his foreskin alone and only wash the outside. Attempts to push the foreskin back may injure him if the foreskin is not ready to retract. The first person to retract his foreskin should be the boy himself. He will not retract it if it hurts him to do so.