Hi, I am just curious. Few days ago I saw a TV show that was about medicine. They were discussing about sarcoidosis. I heard almost everything, the complex way of diagnosing it and all about its features. However, something really got my attention: sarcoidosis granuloma. The thing is I got lost with all those medical terms and I am very egger to find out something more. So, can you explain me something about sarcoidosis granuloma?

Hi, I am surprised that there are people that are not in medicine that watch these kinds of shows. Main characteristic of sarcoidosis is granuloma. It can appear in almost every organ. Also it can be seen in a form of lesions on the skin. Granulomas are mixtures of immune cells and disease. When our body gets attack by microbes it produces a number of cells that fight the infection. These cells are sometimes too weak to fight the microbes on their own, so they join forces. The giant cell formed this way is called granuloma. Granulomas are formed in a number of infections. Tuberculosis is one of them. However, there are differences between sarcoidosis granuloma and tuberculosis granuloma. These differences are very important in diagnosing the type of pulmonary infection.