Hi, my mother was diagnosed with sarcoidosis, but I need more informations about this disease. Is it result of some aging process? Can it spread further from lungs?

Sarcoidosis is characterized by inflammation that produces tiny lumps of cells in various organs, and it’s cause remains unknown. Granulomas is the name for lumps, because they look like grains of sugar or sand. They can be observed only with microscope, since they are very small. If granulomas grow and clump together, they can form numerous large and small groups of lumps. If significant part of an organ is affected by granulomas it can have influence on how organ works what produces symptoms of sarcoidosis. Sarcoidosis can usually start in lungs or lymph nodes, especially the lymph nodes in your chest cavity. But it can also affect other organs.