I have a problem with sarcoidosis and eyes at least I think that in fact my sarcoidosis had spread from my lungs so it affects my eyes also. I am suppose to have my regular check sarcoidosis medical control in about two weeks for I have this sarcoidosis problem for almost a year now but it was only concentrated on my lungs and now it seems my eyes are involved-they are reddish and watery and I even have some red bumps around my eyes area. Do you think that sarcoidosis might be my eyes related and does anyone know how is it treated?

It might easily be so but in that case you would be one of the rare people whose sarcoidosis has spread on some other area and organs. Usually sarcoidosis affects only lungs and no special treatment is needed but in case it has spread on some other organs then prednisone is usually prescribed. It is more likely you have sarcoidosis end eyes problems for the symptoms you have described so it is very likely you could be prescribed prednisone-that is corticosteroid inflammatory medicine but it is taken for only short period of time for its side effects such as diabetes and even cataracts which is also very common in sarcoidosis and eyes condition.

I have sarcoidosis of the lungs and eyes. I have been dealing with the eye problem for almost two years now. My specialist gave me maxidex for the inflammation and it does work but only on a temporary basis, I also use atropine because the pain can feel like my eyes are about to explode from my head. It doesn't seem to be going away and I have used predisone for a short period-did not like the side affects and now am just using methotrexate. If anyone out there has been dealing with this problem for sometime--send me some helpful info.