Hi. I’m 28 and I’ve recently got a job. I’m very excited about it and I can’t wait to start (in 2 weeks!!)… But, there is one thing that worries me – I’m going to work with cattle and sheep (very close to shambles) and even though I know that all of them will be examined by a vet, I’m still afraid I could get some disease like a Q fever. For that particular I know it is spread through contact with animal or contact with contaminated wool or hides, or during slaughtering. So, I’m wondering if anybody here knows if there is a vaccine I could take to make sure I don’t get it. Thanks.

There is one vaccine called Q-VAX you can take. It should give you a high level of protection against Q Fever. Just go to your doc and tell him what you need and why you need it for – I’m sure there will be no trouble getting it. The cost of the vaccine is approximately $75.00 but I think you are eligible to receive it for free if you are employed in an agricultural, farm or meat industry.
Good luck with your job.