I was diagnosed with this. I was wondering how I got it ?

Walking pneumonia is also known as atypical pneumonia because it manifests itself with somewhat different symptoms than other forms of pneumonia, and this difference has a lot to do with bacteria that are the cause for walking pneumonia (it's also called community-acquired pneumonia which should give you some idea as to how you got it).

The bacteria that cause the walking pneumonia are usually present around us, such as  Legionella pneumophila which also causes the Legionnaires disease. You could have picked it up on your work, in school or any area where there are people gathering,

Wish you all the best,

Nicole

Walking pneumonia is a non-medical term to describe a mild case of pneumonia. Walking pneumonia is often the result of a lung infection from a bacterial microorganism.

Walking pneumonia is contagious. It's spread when someone comes in contact with droplets from the nose and throat of someone who has it. That commonly happens when the person with walking pneumonia sneezes or coughs.