I am the stupidest girl in the world I know that and it is too late for me to change it! In Friday, I had sex with one man that is HIV positive. I did not know that, off course, but my mistake was that I did not told him to use condom. Later my friend mention him in conversation telling me that is secret, but he is HIV positive. I am so despaired and I want to kill myself, is there anything in the world that can make me feel better?

Telling people to wear condoms always during intercourse if you do not know your partner's HIV status, is a successful prevention strategy. It can give the impression that HIV is a strong and effective virus that will infect at every opportunity. HIV is a devastating virus that continues to infect and kill millions worldwide. Anyway, it ironically, is not that effective or strong as far as viruses are concerned. The common perception that HIV will be transmitted between two persons is not completely accurate. The actual chance of becoming infected with HIV, during a single sexual experience is rather low. One recent study put the chance for a woman becoming infected by an HIV-positive male through vaginal intercourse at one in 1000. I believe this might help you feel a little bit better, though I know that is terrible to find out you are infected. At least, that is not the end of your life, so many people live with this virus, and there are ways to make your life easier. Maybe medicine to kill this virus will be in market soon, so you should not be so much worried. At the end, have you been to doctor and have confirmed this diagnosis, or that is just something you suppose?

I heard it was a 1 in 4 chance

So did you ever find out?