Hi! I read some articles about schizophrenia and other psychotic conditions. I wanted to know more about these conditions. But, after learning more about symptoms of this kind of illness, I am ready to ask one question – Aren’t we all schizophrenic sometimes?

Hi! By asking this question you the field of making the boundaries of normal and not normal behavior. It’s very hard to answer what is normal and what’s not normal. If we could exactly define this, we could more easily diagnose all the illness that we know about. However, besides many definitions of normal behavior, some elements of not normal behavior have been defined. First of all suffering of patient, then maloadaptivity or nonfunctionality, then irrationality, unconventionality, unpredictability, loss of control and breaking moral and ideal standards. More elements in someone behavior means bigger possibility for that person that he or she is suffering from some kind of neurotic of psychotic condition. So, aren’t we all schizophrenic sometimes? Hardly. If diagnosed as schizophrenic that person needs medical help.