Hi everyone. My names Linda, i'm 46.

I had another hip replacement September 2008 as my other had worn out (the Socket).
After coming around from the operation i knew something was wrong with the tremendous burning pain in my foot and unable to move anything below my knee.
10 Months on and still no movement although i can bend my knee, there is no movement at all below the knee, i have to walk with a leg brace and crutches.
The pain is under control more since my GP prescribed pain patches, although i do still have electric shock like pains.
But the pins and needles and numbness have reduced.....but is still very painfiul.

I heard that it can be repairable but i am very reluctant to ask my Consultant about it after having gone through all that.
I spent nearly 2 Months on bed rest at home then 2 Months in a wheel chair, recovering also from DVT.

My first operation was 17 years ago, i spent 3 Months on a Hospital Traction bed with out a hip joint at all awaiting for a special sized one to be made as my bones were discovered to be thick and a smaller stem was required so you can see why i'm asking if there is another alternative than Surgery?
Regards. Linda.

Hi Linda. I think you definitely owe it to yourself to talk to your consultant about what you can do because it sounds like you're anxious about the surgery and not wanting to undergo it and it would be a good idea to find out what's possible as an alternative. Unfrotunately I don't have answers, just suggestsions. What do you think?

Thanks for replying, I think you are right i may as well face the music in August when i see my Consultant and ask out right what can be done, and i suppose i have to trust what he says what is better for me.

I did have a Neuro Physio test a few months ago but it didnt show anything on screen, my leg was to swollen they said, perhaps this time it will be ok, at least they can tell me what the damage is and how severe.
Bye for now.
Linda.

I just had total left hip surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago,after surgery I looked like I had elephant legs. Horrible bruising that the doctor asked me what happened? Duh, you just did hip surgery on me. Anyway, he said I must have taken aspirin or aspirin containing medicine before surgery but I told him As I AM Highly allergic to aspirin and anything that has it in it, it is on my charts. Well my knee hurt real bad after surgery,I have never had knee problems so this alarmed me, I couldn't bend the knee at all. The Doctor told me not to worry it was normal. Well still cant bend it and went back to him and he said that they have to move your leg quite a bit to make sure the hip is fitted right before they finish so that is why My knee hurts. Ok now both my legs feel like I have 50 pound weights at my feet.From my knees down. Both of them. I am not swelling or anything just feel like I am picking up weights.This just started yesterday.I called my doc and they said you have just had major surgery and are going to have symptoms that you have never had before untill you heal. But I was walking already with a cane since surgery and the surgery part seems to be awesome but the other parts of my body are not doing well and the new symptoms are frightening. Also I am urinating at least 4 times in 30 min. Without drinking excessive amounts. Did anyone have these symptoms?? I have my other hip surgery planed in Nov. and then 4 surgeries on my back. The Doc wanted to change up and do my back after the left hip but I told him I wanted to stick to the plan and do my other hip first.(he wanted to do the back cause I woke up screaming with my back after I woke up from surgery.) Please someone let me know if this is normal.

As best I can tell that's not normal and I think seeing a doctor would be a good idea. Not the one you're currently seeing...and you should talk to one soon just because that definitely doesn't sound normal. Let me know what you think, okay?