Nerve Conduction Study & EMG was done. Impressions show:
A. LEFT Medium neuropathy consisitent with a mild left carpal tunnel syndrome. (Mild? I can't feel my hand and fingers?)
B. Upper left and Lower left Extremities nerve conductions (Unremarkable) Despite the fact that I have a weak lleft side and terrible headaches.
C. Unremarkable nerve conduction study of the left lower extremety. (When I sit for too long, my legs feel numb. and when I walk I have a tendency to go towards the left)
4.Unremarkable needle EMG.exam of left upper and lower extremities.

Here is the question, the report closes with (A definite active or chronic denervation is identified) What in the world does this mean. Am am Sick
or what? How can the neuroligist say there is nothig wrong and then say I have a chronic denervation?

Please help me make sense of this.... also this started to happened to me after a car accident in which I was hit twice. Please help.

It means nerve injury so I would discuss this further with your neurologist

The medium neuropathy some type of nerve dysfunction, Unremarkable is a fancy word for "perfectly normal" Active denervation means "current nerve damage" Chronic denervation must be a typo, as it would be chronic and recurrent regeneration, a fancy word for old damaged nerves trying to regenerate.

I have active denervation in my left foot, which is now affecting both, from an injury, stepping off a high curb, hurt it in 2016, still feeling the effects of it. EMG diagnosed denervation, what can I do?