Hi there, I am a guy who is 32 years old and I would like to know more about femoral nerve damage. My friend injured himself and doctors told him that femoral nerve in his knee is damaged. That is all I know about this and it would be nice if I know more. Because of it, I need some answers.

Hello, I think that I will be able to answer your question. I had the same problem some time ago but now it is ok. Damage of this nerve can cause a lost of sensation in your leg. This particular injure is called mononeuropathy. When I was injured, I had troubles going up the stairs. In some cases of this injury, it is impossible to determine a cause. There are various tests which can reveal femoral nerve damage. Those are MRI, EMG and nerve conduction tests. In some cases when the cause is determined, there is a chance for a full recovery.