Hi, my dad was having some burn sensations in his arm, and often felt tingling and numbness. We went to see a doctor about that and he mentioned something about some radial nerve. But the next appointment is in a week and I can’t wait that long, so it would be great is someone had any information on that. And my dad doesn’t seem too happy about going to the doctor again.

Your dad shouldn’t think twice about seeing a doctor again. Symptoms of radial nerve problems affect usually hand or fingers nearest to thumb. Patients usually feel pain, burning sensations or tingling in their arm. They also have difficulties extending it. Your doctor will first determine the causes for radial nerve dysfunction. He should also check your father for any simpler brain stroke, which your father could of mix up with dizziness, and get over it like it was nothing. He will most likely be tested for electrical activity in muscles (EMG), nerve biopsy, nerve conduction tests and head MRI. If it is diagnosed that something is pressing the nerve, he can have surgery to remove that pressing tissue. Anyway, you should take your father to see the doctor, because there are many complications that can occur if this condition is not treated well, for example complete hand movement loss.