Hello hello,
I'm posting because I've searched online for multiple stories and few of them match my description, nor do i have a solution to my problems. My first septoplasty operation was in May, to fix the deviated septum that I developed when being tackled 6 years ago or so. I didn't have splints, only invisible sutures, and unfortunately when i went back to work (Less than a week afterwards), another employee's head accidentally hit the bridge of my nose, breaking it (again) and putting the septum back where it was prior to surgery. I bled a while and became dizzy so naturally i called my ENT surgeon and made another appointment. My second operation for revision septoplasty was a few days ago (Friday 20th July). Immediately post-op i could breathe brilliantly through both nostrils, and that was exactly my intention. Now, I still find it difficult to breathe into my left nostril, and it makes a snoring sound whenever i try. I understand the swelling and congestion.etc, but I'm still concerned as to whether the results were successful, as I can breathe 100% in and out of my right nostril, but not my left...It seems the septum still bends to the left nostril deeper within the nose. Does anyone have any ideas or similar stories?

Hi, yes almost exactly the same scenario, with the first septoplasty I was unable to breathe through the left side. Was headbutted in football about a year later which worsened my breathing. Revision septoplasty again has only my right nostril breathing perfectly, and my left basically not at all. Largely impaired when I block the right and try to breathe through the left. I'm 5 days out of surgery and the left nostril still looks much narrower. How did you progress? No pain really, have taken one panadol since surgery and back playing sport, but it got me an extension on my essay! :) I have a check-up in 5 days.

This is day 3 of my septoplasty opp im so glad that ive had it done on road to recovery woohoo cant wait to be able to breath properly the only down sider is breathing through the mouth im finding it hard to sleep wakeing up every two hour with really bad dry mouth any surgestions also ive had dissolverble packing put in my nose it has completely dissolved out of my left nostrol but the right is still completly packed been using sterimar nasal spray not sure how many time a day i should be spraying if any one can help :)