I have heard mixed reviews about this doctor. So what's the story?!!! I am wanting to get a nose job and I would prefer to get it on the east coast. I heard from sme he's the best and others that patients have died under his care!! Please help here! Any info about this doctor would help me greatly! 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Dr. Pastorek is a god! I am one and a half weeks post-op and I could not be happier. My nose is natural and beautiful!!!!! He's the best doctor in NYC. Highly Highly Highly recommend him to anyone who wants a beautiful nose that fits their face. PHENOMENAL TIP WORK!!!

noone died under his care!! there was a patient who died under the care of NY EYE AND EAR NOT dr. pastorek! the patient died because she failed to inform the hospital of medication she was taking, and I believe the anesthesia complicated the situation even further. Dr. Pastorek didnt even get to perform surgery on her. I've had surgery with dr. Pastorek ; had my tip refined and deviated septum fixed and I couldnt be more happier. Hes truly the best, he sees you for up to 8 months after you surgery every month or so just to see how your healing is going. I dont know any other surgeon that does that. If youre not happy he'll even go back in to fix whatever youre not happy with. But I'm totally satisfied with the results. 8)

Please believe my assessment. I researched a lot about the doctors and institutions. I've talked to many people in the ENT and plastics community, and I am a practicing pediatrician for almost 5 years now. I think I have a really good idea about what's going on.

Dr. Pastorek is a very out-dated surgeon. He uses techniques developed in the 1960's and refuses to operate with new, modern techniques. I had a rhinoplasty and septoplasty done by him. My septum was MORE deviated after the operation, and he didn't finish the nose job correctly. The bones were shaved down resulting in a huge, crater-like divot on my nose. He refused to do an osteotomy because it was "too difficult." My nose ended up being VERY crooked, pointing to the left. I looked like I was butchered. It was disgusting, and I couldn't breathe!!! He also felt the need to add in two little rock-hard implants into the tip of my nose because it "needs support." That is not true... When I asked him to take it out, he refused to listen to me.

Anyway, Dr. Guida re-did my surgery. He said that a large portion of his clients are revisions from pastorek's  jobs. Regardless, it looks like a real nose now, not like I had just been in a bar fight. Just as nice, is that I can actually breathe!!!!!! Those two, odd, little implants were taken out, he straightened the nose, and straightened the septum.

Dr. Guida is the nicest, most talented surgeon I ever met. I would hire him instead.

And PS, i'm not surprised someone died under new york eye and ear's care.  That is my knowledge of the matter.

***edited by moderator*** ** inappropriate posting**

can you post pics or send pics? I've heard a lot of wonderful things about dr. pastorek and I don't believe a word you are saying so please back up your claims with proof. thanks

i had a great nosejob done by dr pastorek. it's exactly what i asked for, he refined my tip perfectly, i had no bruising thanks to his pre-op regimen and i still look like myself. highly recommended.

hi does anyone have any info on dr pastorek I am getting revision rhino with him and I'm a bit nervous because I'm reading mixed reviews anyone ? If anyone can pics would be greatly appreciated

Dr. Tabbal is great for rhinoplasty and has lots of happy patients.

Is there anyone who is an actual patient of dr pastorek who can share thier exp? I have surgery sched with him and I'm kind of nervous thank u

I just had a rhinoplasty done with Dr. Pastorek on 6/1/11 and just had my bandages removed yesterday, and I coulnd't be happier.  Even though I am still somewhat swollen, I am truly happy with the result.  I was terrified of having surgery, but Dr. Pastorek and his staff put me at ease.  I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.  Good luck!

Hi dr tabbal in NY is the best rhino doc. Worldwide. This is a according to patients and doctors. Do so e search And good luck

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to post for those who may be researching Dr. Pastorek. I only felt compelled to review because I was checking to see if he was still in practice (thought he might have retired) and I was thinking of having some other work done by him.

Dr. P did my rhino 7 years ago now! I was 25. What amazing results. All these years later I am still completely pleased. After many years of prior research, he was the only doctor I consulted with-- and I knew I was going with him. I have nothing bad to say about him. I was under local with IV sedation for the surgery and was surprised how easy it was. I was awake for the entire surgery, didn't mind what was happening to me, didn't feel a thing, and really liked taking 'part' in it if that makes sense. Dr. P had a student there with him for the surgery and I liked listening to him explain what he was doing. I found the whole surgery process so interesting. I can explain more details of my surgery...but it may turn people off. Towards the end, I did feel some uncomfortable tension, said "ow!" and it went away.

The worst part comes after. The packing was not fun. It's like sleeping when you have a bad cold. I remember bruising heavily after and that it took a long time to subside. My face felt stiff for some time and when I accidentally hit my nose...it was agony! But the results were great from the start and only got better. I did the surgery on Christmas break from work and my coworkers didn't seem to notice anything different (or at least didn't say anything) when I returned.

The surgery was very expensive. I am estimating the figure was $11,000. I had just graduated with my masters, and began working a low paying full-time job while living at home at the time. I didn't have money saved and my parents did not provide any financial support. They were against the surgery and would not even take me to and from the hospital the day of. I put the entire balance on a credit card (maybe two) and following the surgery transferred them to 0% interest cards. I put all the money that I earned toward paying them off and after a year and a half was debt free and extremely happy with my new nose!

These days, I don't think much about it anymore. It fits my face perfectly and looks completely natural. I forget that it used to look different and am surprised when I see old photos of myself. Following the surgery I did have some minor imperfections that never improved. I had two solid balls ein each inner nostril. One was more noticeable than the other and Dr. P removed the one for a small revision fee (maybe $250). He did it in office and it took a couple minutes. The other ball never went away. Although hard to notice visually, there is also a small bump of cartilidge on my notril tip. When I run my fingers over the very tip, I can feel how the right protroduces a bit higher than the left. None of these things are really worth correcting...but I do notice them and know that they are not going away.

I am so glad I went with Dr. P. I considered others--but truly believe that he was the best choice. It's a really scary thing trusting your face with someone and not really knowing what will happen! I am glad I did it when I was fairly young.

Hi Polly,

Can u share your experience?

Do not go to Pastorek. He has a great bedside manner, but the results are not good. He does a lot of grafting so my nose is bigger than it was previously. Please trust me, unless you know one of his happy patients personally, I wouldn't go to him.

I have to retract my original statement. Pastorek is a very capable surgeon. None of his nose jobs look like nose jobs. They are very natural. If you want a more defined, small nose, he probably isn't your pick but he is good at what he does.