I have had rhinoplasty performed a week ago and when I looked at my photos before I realized I looked more beautiful before than now. I am all swollen and ugly. I had only primer surgery and I was wondering if I will look better with the second one. Anybody, can you please advice!

You know what, it is perfectly normal that you feel like this as you are probably still in pain and as you said all swollen, which does follow every surgery right? The second surgery is orientated on the correction, so I am sure that everything will workout just fine for you. Anyway, I read somewhere that the final result of a rhinoplasty is never complete before one year. This is the length of time it takes swelling to completely disappear.

what is the difference between a primer rhinoplasty and a primary one? I am researching to possibly get a deviated septum and rhinoplasty fixed, and am new to this any insight would be great thanks

Hi! If you are applying to the first post I reckon that the person meant primary as if first procedure done and that the word primer and primary has the same meaning, it is just that people who speak English as their second language may not make the difference.

So, basically, there is no difference. Have you already found a surgeon who would do your septoplasty and rhinoplasty? What happened to your nose? Has it been broken or? Have you already had rhinoplasty done as you said you wanted a rhinoplasty fixed!

My brother had septoplasty done two years ago after his nose was broken in a fight and had problems breathing through the nose.

He had some pre op consultation and instructions, blood tests done and other preparations in terms of what medicines not to take before the surgery and stuff like that.

He was under general anesthesia and the whole procedure lasted for about hour and a half. I think his septum was re-adjusted and brought back in (or something like that) and there were no scars or anything but there was swelling and bruising and he had a nasal packing in his nose. He had to put a lot of ice packs to reduce the swelling and the bruising and to constrict the blood vessels to reduce the bleeding as well.

He was a bit moody after the surgery but that was from anesthesia and from the “stuffed nose” feeling he had.

I am sure rhinoplasty will take another hour or so. What surgeons are you thinking about?

Well actually, what i was trying to say but did not type it correctly was that I have a deviated septum, which I am looking to get corrected (if its worth it) and since Im getting that fixed I figure I would go for the rhinoplasty also, I was knocked in the nose years ago, but never got it looked at. I was looking to see Dr Robert Guida, so far I haven't come across any negative info on him. Some others I am researching are...Dr Howard Bellin (although I hear good and terrible things about him) Dr Rollin Daniel, Dr Steven Greenberg. These are just a few I came across on the net and have yet to do extensive research on them. Im based in NYC and since rhinoplasty is such a major surgery I want to make sure that the the nose i get is an improvement and not worse. Who did your brother see? Since he got a septoplasty, did his nose look remarkably different after words? Or pretty much the same only straighter?

Septoplasty should not disturb the portion of the septum that has a role in nose shape, however, although all precautions are taken, it happens that the nose still ends up changed. I guess this happens when these parts need to be repositioned or removed. Those who get splints in their noses will certainly have wider noses until the splints are removed. It is not a permanent change.
I suppose this has nothing to do with you since you are going to have it altered anyway.

My brother had splints put inside, so he needed to take antibiotics while they were inside his nose. And yes, his nose did look wider but we tried not to mention it a lot since he was really upset about all of it, especially because he had problems with breathing and he had occasional nose bleeds.

Have you found a suitable doctor by now? Is there any progress in your search?

ive narrowed my search down to 3 doctors, Dr Robert Guida, DR Jacone, and Dr Constantinides all based in NYC, Im thinking twice about dr guida only because the consultation alone is 200 dollars, maybe its worth, im still trying to find more info on these docs,. if anyone knows anything please share the knowledge!!!

thanks

Here is a list of top rhinoplasty docs in new york city
rhinoplasty4you.com/forum/forum_entry.php?id=31797

Did you have your surgery? I have the same problem. Deviated symptom and rhinoplasty and considering Dr. Robert Guida or Dr. Constantinides. Which Dr. did you have your surgery with? Please could you email me, it's urgent. My email is _[removed]_. Thanks So Much!!!

which dr. did you end up with?

I went to Dr. Stephen Greenberg for a primary rhinoplasty. He spent no time with me, I do not recommend him as a rhinoplasty surgeon. I am now seeking a revision. I would look for a doctor that specializes in facial surgery only. I wish I knew better, but I thought all plastic surgeons were the same. His advertising is great, thats about it.

In NY you can also consult these doctors. (Dr Jennifer levine) and ( Y lift). I had surveys and got them the best

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Hi, did anyone see dr. Guida. I am going to schedule a surgery with him, but I am getting cold feet. Any info would be much appreciated. 

Had surgery with Dr. Guida a little over 7 months ago (septum and sinuses.) My ENT doc referred me to him for surgery. He is great, nice guy, nice office. He is facial plastic and ENT--which makes a real difference. I feel great and haven't had any antibiotics since surgery--and I had sinus infections every few months for years!!! Highly recommend him!

Cathy, thanks! I already had my surgery with Dr. Guida, the shape is not exactly what I wanted, I have a lot of swelling and can't breathe through tr nose. There is also a dent on the bridge. Hoping that the breathing will improve as the swelling goes down. How long did it take you to recover? Did you have open or closed surgery?