My 4 year old daughter in the last year has complained a couple of times of a burning sensation in her virgina in the night.....theres no visible problem, everything seems fine.
Let me know if there is cause for worry, and if i need to consult a doctor urgently.

My daughter is having the same symptoms. A week ago she had a UTI (our 1st experience with that si I didn't know what to do). Your daughter may have a UTI and if she gets them occasionally, it may be a sign of "REFLUX" which may damage her kidneys if untreated. My daughter woke up out of her sleep crying and screening. If you take your daughter to a pediatrician or an 'Urgent Care' place (my favorite, because the timing is always right), they should give you a container that fits between the toilet seat and the underneath to collect a sample of urine. They will test it and if necessary, give antibiotics. BTW...what you had mentioned was also a sign of S. Abuse. Please make sure she is o.k, and get her to a Dr. when she tells you she is suffering..or at least the next morning :)

Hey my daughter has that problem to, all turned out that acid cold drink (coke,gas,orange juice) makes the urine stronger and that causes a burning sensation just like we as elder woman get when we dont eat properly. XD

Hello, I dont know if you got anywhere with this, but I juts posted a reply on a similar topic...

https://www.steadyhealth.com/8_year_old_girl_vaginal_pain_at_night_t155918.html

Hope it helps any...

I wrote in a couple of nights ago and I just wanted to let everyone know where I am at.
I have an amazing doctor (he's 75 and very old school and is always telling me how shocking doctors are these days) and after reading about no luck with doctors from everyone I decided not to bother with our regular doctors and called him up.

On the phone I started telling him about what was happening and he even managed to finish my sentence for me - I was talking about her vagina and he said "and sometimes it's her anus?" I was so relieved that he knew exactly what I was talking about!

I'm not sure if this will help with the older kids but it makes sense for the younger ones (mine is 3 and a half). Like I suspected it's caused by not cleaning properly.
He told me it's very common and that I should just calm down (as always tells me).
For two days I must wash her her privates with water and soap (I use the soap that stuff that is soap free) and use Medaspore and not canestan (because Canestan is for the outside and medaspore is for inside (which I read as well after speaking to him).

During the bath last night I made sure we had a good clean and then used the medaspore making sure it went inside and she slept perfectly. I will keep it up and let you guys know.

Like I said - it may not be the same for everyone but it might help someone :-)