I am a 35 year old woman who is otherwise quite healthy. Last year I was diagnosed with mono after experiencing the following symptoms: high fever and violent chills (on one occasion), joint pain in wrists and knees, pain and swelling in fingers. The doctor ran a series of tests. He ruled out Malaria, Hepatitis (although I had hightened liver enzymes), and Lyme Disease. After testing my liver enzymes for a second time, the levels came back normal. He said I must have had mono.

Lately, I've been experiencing some other symptoms that concerned me enough to post this message. I've had intermittent underarm pain (right side) that lasts for a day or so. I've also been experiencing neck pain (right side) when swallowing (also lasts a day or so). Joint pain is less intense, but sometimes effects my wrists.

I'm not sure if the following symptoms are related, but I should mention them as well. For th first time last winter I had extreme sensitivity to the cold, so much that, after skiing for an hour or clearing my windshield of snow, I would come close to passing out due to the pain in my fingers.

My skin is also itchier (it seems) than the average person.

I had never experienced any of the above symptoms prior to last year. I DO have a history of strep throat.

I'm not sure if there is any relation between all of these symptoms, but if you have any insight into what may be causing it, I'd appreciate it. I am apprehensive about visiting the doctor again to reach the same foregone conclusions. Also, I am hoping to start a family in the next year or so, and I want to be in optimum health.

i'm a 16 y.o girl & i have been experiencing the exact same symtoms. but have no idea what it is. if u have gotten an update on what you have, let me know.

have had recurrent right sided neck pain when swallowing for past nine months.my gp said he could see nothing sinister. now i have pain right side of nose right ear and right eye. very worried. >;)

I have had the EXACT same syptoms for the last few weeks. My throat will become red and slightly irritated, my tonsils and glands in my neck are swollen almost constantly but I don't have fever or any flu like symptoms. (I too have a history of frequent tonsil and throat inflamation)

I experienced the same pain in my wrists which I assumed to be from typing so often but it has a funny pain that shoots up my left arm almost like when you hit your funny bone. It only last for a minute or so but is very uncomfortable. I also noticed some swelling under my left armpit.

Other than than the occasional frequent trips to the lavatory (common since my galbladder surgerylast year), and a general lack of energy, It doesn't seem like my body is responding the way it would if I had a virus.

I won't have the opprotunity to see a doctor for over a month, I'm concerned about the time before hand. is this symptomatic of a condition that could require hospitalization in the mean time?

I am 36 years old. I also have neck, armpit, and upper abdominal pain. I have been sick a lot in the last 5 months. I have had strep recently, and mono years ago. I have been extremely tired. I got so fed up with my PCP not listening to me that I finally had it out with him. He still did not listen, but the nurse practioner did. She ordered a thyroid ultrasound, blood work, and a CT of my upper abdomen. The blood work showed nothing, but I have 4 nodules on my thyroid gland. My insurance refused the CT, but referred me to a gastrointerologist. I have also been referred to an endocronologist for the nodules. I have to have an ultrasound of my spleen, and have an iodine 123 isotope test done to see if the nodules are cancerous. The gastrointerologist said they may be related, but he will not know until I have the ultrasound.

I am a thirty-three year old female with a 3 1/2 month old newborn... I have been having the exact some symptoms since I delivered. We are running bloood test currently to find out why my liver enzymes are elevated... however, the doctors don't seem to conect the symptoms. I would like to know if anything has changed or do you have any new results? Or advise?

From the original post (the one that was sensitive to the cold) it sounds like a hyperthyroid disease. Itchy skin and dry hair, inability to lose weight, constant fatigue, swollen lymph nodes and cold sensitivy are all symptoms, and you should mention it to the doctor to test the thyoid hormones.

From the original post (the one that was sensitive to the cold) it sounds like a hyperthyroid disease. Itchy skin and dry hair, inability to lose weight, constant fatigue, swollen lymph nodes and cold sensitivy are all symptoms, and you should mention it to the doctor to test the thyoid hormones. If you leave this too long it could lead to many problems down the road (especially with reproduction for females)

sorry i meant hypothyroidism.. not hyperthyroidism

you should get tested for Lyme disease again the tests can be inaccurate, i got tested twice before testing positive(within the same week)

Hi guys..
I was wondering if any of you are still on this site, years later!
I am having those symptoms, too..
Neck pain and hard to swallow at times. Swollen glands, or a feeling of soreness DEEP in the neck. Extreme sensitivity to cold (usually feel very cold), pain under my left arm and sore left breast. A feeling like I have a slight fever, etc.
I would like to know if the gal who had the thyroid nodules found out if they were benign? (I hope so!!!) And..did you have to have them removed?
I hope everyone has found anwers since they last wrote on here!
Please let me know!
Thanks,
KIM

I have the same symptoms, pain on both sides of neck and now in the middle of the throat like there is something in my throat. I have re-occurring left underarm pain and I am overly tired. I have major muscle and body aches all the time. These symptoms have been with me for about 7 months. I am starting to wonder if the steroids I was on for a month for a disc problem and the awful side affects from them has anything to do with these issues I am experiancing. They seem to have come shortly after finishing the steroid. I also must say I have had strept throat many times during my thirty six years and have had scarlet fever twice. I have MVP (mitral valve prolapse) that is believed to have developed after the second scarlet fever episode. Some days my neck feels swollen and it feels like my neck is stretched and just gonna split open but it does not look swollen at all. I do feel like my lymph nodes are swollen to touch. If you get any answers please post them because the doctors I talk to just treat me like I am crazy.