I have been having persistent nagging pain in my left ovary that includes lower left back pain. If I move the wrong way it becomes severly sharp pain which has me doubled over. I have also been experiencing severe bloating and water retention, weight gain (exercise daily and eat clean), and loss of appetite. When the pain is at about a 5 or 6, I get very nauseous. It has been happening for several months and getting progessivly worse. Extreme pain during ovulation as well. I had an ablation in 2007 to help control severe cramping and bleeding. The pain has only gotten worse. Any ideas?

I had the same sort of pain last year. I had persistent pain on my left side. In my back and lower abdomen. Occasionally I would move wrong and would double over in pain. I ended up having a cyst on my left ovary and my Dr explained that when I would have the severe pain the cyst was causing my left tube to become twisted and cutting off the blood supply. Once the tube moved again and the blood supply was no longer cut off the pain would go away. I had it surgically removed last year.

I didnt have any of your problems such as weight gain but I think that PCOS can cause weight gain and similar issues. You should probably see your Dr and get an ultrasound especially since you have the severe pain when you move different ways. Better safe than sorry.

Hope that helps.

A while back i had missed my period for about 9 months and had it once within the 9 months i had finally got it not last month but the month before and missed it the next month and got it this month.. through out the time i get really bad pain in my lower stomach in my ovaries but im too scared to get checked.. i finally went but they were playing games so i left.. any suggestions on what it may be and no im not prego.. please help and thanks!!