Hello, I had a dermoid cyst on my right ovary. Both the cyst and ovary were removed. I recently began experiencing pain in my right lower abdomen. I was told by the doctor that I have another cyst. Is this possible?

It seems hard to believe that there can be another cyst on the ovary that was removed with the original cyst, but did the doctor do any tests to confirm that in fact it is a cyst and not perhaps something more benign, like an infection? There still is a possibility of cyst and the pain being located on the right side if the cyst is based on the fallopian tube which wasn't removed (and I doubt that they wouldn't remove it together with the ovary). So, I think you definitely need a firm confirmation although it is a possibility.

THEY ALWAYS REMOVE THE FALLOIAN TUBE IF THEY REMOVE AN OVARY BECAUSE ONCE THE OVARY IS REMOVED THE TUBE HAS NO REASON TO STAY IN THE BODY- IT HAS NO USE ANYMORE SO WHY WOULD THEY LEAVE IT IN THERE ???? I THINK YOU MAY CONFUSE PEOPLE BY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING ..!